Saturday, April 25, 2015

Adam's Summer Berry Salad

This is the first of what I hope are many recipes I share with you, this one is sort of important to our journey in a funny way - I hope you like it.  (I promise to come back and add a picture next time I make it - somehow I don't have a picture of it which is crazy!)

There's a restaurant on the water in downtown Toronto where Adam and I have stopped more than once for a pint and some lunch after a ball game or just while wandering the city.  It has a great food, a great patio and cold beer.

One day a couple of summers ago we were trying to be healthy and Adam decided he'd have a salad for lunch (I have no recollection of what I ate).  Adam polished off the entire salad commenting the whole time on how delicious it was.  It wasn't until he was finished that I pointed out he had just finished what might have been his first ever vegetarian meal without even realizing it.

As soon as we got home I looked up the ingredients and jotted them down.  This salad is now a staple in our menu and we even served a variation at our wedding (that's how much he loves it!)

Now I'm going to share it with you!

Adam's Summer Berry Salad


(serves 2)

6 Cups Mixed Baby greens
1 Cup Fresh Strawberries, quartered
1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
(If you can't get Strawberries or Blueberries use whatever berries look fresh and yummy!)
1 Bosc Pear, Diced
50g Soft Goat Cheese, Crumbled
1/4 Cup Candied Walnuts (I make my own and add a hint of cayenne)

Dressing - I'm not great at making dressing so we usually use Renees Raspberry Vinaigrette, it's fresh, it's tasty, and it doesn't add a ton of calories.

If you're really missing the meat, this salad is great with grilled chicken.  I also love to add avocado to mine (But i'll put avocado on anything).

I hope you love this salad as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment