Friday, June 19, 2015

Big Batch Curry Cayenne Chicken

In order to make Flexible Dieting/IIFYM work, meal planning is a must.  Trying to wing it will generally leave you trying to find foods with 10g of protein, 3g of fat and 16g of carbs at the end of the day and that can sometimes be difficult.

I like to prepare a week of lunches at a time (if at all possible) and I will often eat the same thing - or very similar things - every day for a week because I don't mind doing it and it makes my life easier.

This is one of my go to chicken recipes.  It works on its own or in a salad or with a side of pasta.  Versatility is also key.

I start with 1kg of boneless skinless chicken breasts (hitting it bang on a kg can be hard, but get it as close as you can!)

I then create my spice blend
1 tbsp onion powder (8g)
1/2 tbsp curry powder (3g) - If you're not a big curry fan you may want to reduce this, it can be intense!
1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper (4g)
3/4 tsp salt (9g)
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil (20ml)

I let the whole thing marinate for about half an hour or so and then grill it on my indoor grill.  Once it's cooled enough to handle I slice it and break it out into 100g portions.  Doing this makes it really easy to grab an go and know that it's a perfect portion.

Most of the time I buy frozen chicken breasts at Costco - huge cost savings.  I will often season the meat as it thaws.  I generally try to avoid putting the meat on the grill before it's completely thawed, but sometimes it happens...

This recipe makes 6 perfect 100g servings (well...it did today.  Depending on how much moisture cooks out of the chicken you may end up with more or less)


They breakdown like this

192 calories/1g carbs/5g fat/32g protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment