Thursday, June 11, 2015

IIFYM

Okay, so I met with the 'nutritionist' a while ago now.  After spending 3 amazing days in Pittsburgh with Adam celebrating our first wedding anniversary and enjoying lots of food that wasn't good for me I started her meal plan.  I (mostly) followed it to a T - and I lost 4 pounds in 10 days (and that's after eating a lot of really bad food for the 3 days before).

She was supposed to give me a revised plan but that took too long so I sort of stuck to the original plan for another week sort of made up my own keeping the IIFYM theories in place.  I lost 2 more pounds.

I am going to be honest.  I'm not convinced that I'm losing pure fat, I'm willing to bet there's some muscle mass being lost as well, I don't see any other way that I'm losing so much all of a sudden but I'm going to go with it.

I have the new diet plan, I'm going to follow it for 10 more days but I'm not decided yet if I'm going to keep going back and getting a new menu to eat everyday for a week and a half or not.  What I am going to do though is try and make IIFYM a little easier for me.  My biggest problem is remembering what foods have what macros and how much.  Planning a menu can be hard.  I'm creating a cheat sheet for myself that has all my favourite foods broken down by macros - the calories don't matter because the macros will work it out.

As I go I'll share this with all of you - I've found lots of helpful info online but I haven't found a cheat sheet like this anywhere (if you know of one - PLEASE tell me!).  I promise to be back more regularly and update you on my progress more often.  I think some more progress pictures are also in order - I'll see if I can do that this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment