Friday, June 12, 2015

The Diet Plan - Phase 2

Some of you have probably seen my original diet plan from the 'nutrition consultant' at my gym (I keep changing her title, I know, I just don't know what it is and I'm losing faith in her - I think she's just someone with an IIFYM app to be honest).

It was determined that we should change things up to avoid a plateau and I should have a high carb cheat day just to mess with my metabolism.  She asked what I really wanted to eat.  My answer - a pretzel bagel from Tim Hortons (LOVE those things) and a loaded baked potato.  I also told her I didn't want to eat anything really bad.  Adam and I have been doing so well not eating fast food and takeout I didn't want to undo that.

We also decided to change up my meals - we decided to add Tilapia (something I recently discovered I like) and keep the chicken.  I did mention that I can't eat fish at work - it's one of the rules for lunches, nothing that smells strongly.  We have an open concept office and a lot of clients come in.  We don't want it to smell like a cafeteria.

This is the meal plan she sent me (again - all typos are hers)

●High Carb Cheat Day
*must be on a workout day

Breakfast: Fruit smoothie, 4oz plain yogurt, 100g berries with 1 scoop protein powder

Snack: 1 hardboiled egg, 1 pretzel bagel

Lunch: 1 tilapia fillet, medium salad with lettuce, spinach or kale, tomato, cucumber, 1 original babybel

Preworkout: 1 beef burger, small fries 

Post workout: 1 protein shake 

Dinner: Sauteed vegitables using 2tsp olive oil 

●Regular Diet:

Breakfast: Fruit smoothie, 4oz plain yogurt, 100g berries with 1 scoop protein powder with 1 raisin, blueberry or plain bagel, 1 laughing cow cheese wedge 

Snack: 2 hardboiled eggs, 1/4 cup almonds

Lunch: 1 tilapia fillet, sauteed vegitables using 2 tsp olive oil

Post Workout: 1 protein scoop mixed with water

Dinner: 1 tilapia fillet, medium salad, 1 original babybel


I read this and immediately realized that she didn't listen to me, and who wants to eat the same protein twice a day for 10 days?  That seems like a bit much.  I emailed her back and we've switched the tilapia to chicken for lunch and I confirmed that it's 100g of tilapia and then 3oz of chicken for lunch (I wish she'd use the same units for everything, but thankfully my food scale makes it easy to switch back and forth).

I'm sort of excited about the bagels for breakfast, I do love bagels, but it feels very wrong to be eating them every day.  Everything I've ever known about dieting says that bagels are bad.  We'll see how this goes.  Phase one seemed to work pretty well, let's see how phase 2 goes.  (I'm still undecided if I'll be going back for phase 3...)



No comments:

Post a Comment