Monday, June 15, 2015

IIFYM...still trying to figure this out

After posting yesterday about my own macros calculations, I took another look at what the nutrition consultant at the gym gave me and I'm more confused than ever.

Her plan tells me 1500 calories a day.  When I work things out I get 1656 calories per day.

Using today as an example.
Following her plan today I have
536 Calories
2g of Carbs
28g of Fat
42g of Protein

Based on the calculations I get I have
609 Calories
75g of Carbs
12g of Fat
48g of Protein

I'm not sure about my carb/fat split.  Right now I chose the 60/40 Carb to Fat setting, maybe I should have it flipped the other way...I'm not sure.

Now I'm torn about what I should be eating - do I follow her plan (where she didn't really give me the actual macro percentages or grams and her diet plan doesn't seem to add up to the numbers) or do I try and make this work based on what I'm calculating.

Also thinking about food in terms of macros instead of calories is a weird adjustment.  It's not just 600 more calories I need today, it's a specific breakdown and I'm not sure how to get it.

I'm so confused, but I'm going to figure this out and I'm going to stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment