Wednesday, June 24, 2015

MusclePharm Combat - Cookies & Cream Protein Powder

This is the third type of protein powder I've bought, and so far it is my favourite, MusclePharm Cookies and Cream.  It's not quite as delicious as the Extreme Isolate 97 but it's really close and this stuff is a much better price.

This is another powder I was able to purchase at Costco - love being able to get this stuff there!


This is delicious with water, it mixes really well, no shaker ball required, just shake well in a cup with a lid for about 15 seconds and you're good to go.

I didn't love this one mixed with milk, Adam thought it was alright.

What is delicious is mixing a scoop of this in with a serving of plain yogurt - amazing afternoon snack.  It's also surprisingly good in a strawberry smoothie - tastes just like a milkshake.

I paid $58.99 for the 5lb (2.269kg) tub.
A serving is a single scoop (included) that's 35g - I've found the scoop weight to be pretty accurate, a slightly heaping scoop weighs out just about bang on 35g which is convenient.


Servings Per Container: apx 65
cost per serving: $0.91 
Calories:140
Fat:         2g  
Carbs:    5g
Protein:  25g 


As usual, I have no idea how effective this really is, or how accurate the claims are.  I can tell you that it tastes amazing, doesn't make me feel bloated or gassy, and definitely keeps me full.  I would definitely recommend this and will absolutely be buying it again.  It looks like there are several flavours of this powder, I'm going to be on the lookout for the others.  If they taste as great as this one I'm excited!





No comments:

Post a Comment