Sunday, June 28, 2015

Red Grapefruit & Pineapple Smoothie

I'm always looking around for new smoothie recipes.  Sometimes I make them exactly as written, other times I'm inspired by what I see elsewhere.  Today's smoothie is inspired by one I found on another blog.  You can see the original at Happiness is Homemade.  I actually changed this one a fair bit, but it was inspired by her and I always give credit where credit is due.

This smoothie is a little tart, a little tangy, and definitely less sweet than many of my others.  I find it very satisfying for breakfast - and it has a lot of the traditional citrus flavour that many of us associate with breakfast.

Red Grapefruit & Pineapple Smoothie

100g Red Grapefruit (I don't have a fancy blender so I make sure to remove as much of the pith and white bits as possible
100g Frozen Pineapple Chunks
115g Plain Yogurt (I use Liberte 2%)
1 Scoop protein powder (I always use vanilla flavour but unflavoured would be great with this)

Combine & Blend

100g Red Grapefruit - about 3/4 of a regular sized one
(this is what was left over)

100g of frozen pineapple

Ready to consume!!
The info (these numbers are using Kaizen Whey Protein Powder - they will vary depending on the powder you use)
Calories: 274
Fat: 2g
Carbs: 33g
Protein: 30g

No comments:

Post a Comment