Sunday, October 16, 2016

Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken

I've been seriously slacking in the kitchen department lately so I turned to Pinterest for inspiration. You can see my recipe wishlist here and recipes I've tried (along with my feedback on them) here.  I like to think that I'm a pretty good cook.  I come from a family of great cooks and I think I've learned a few things along the way.

Comfort food is my favourite, who doesn't love mac'n'cheese (besides my husband...but that's another story). As it turns to fall I've been craving home cooked comfort food.  Tonight I decided to try out a pinterest find - Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken.  There were several pinterest links to different recipes, I used this one as my starting point.

It's super easy.


Ingredients

- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 gloves of garlic, grated or minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil


Directions

1. Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees


2. Line Baking sheet with parchment paper or grease baking dish

3. Grate garlic into warm oil (or add minced) and cook until soft.

(TIP - I love my microplane zester for garlic, I have this one from Pampered Chef. It's amazing)

4. Add the brown sugar to the garlic and combine, remove from heat

5. Put the chicken in baking dish

6. Season with Salt & Pepper as desired





7. Add garlic & brown sugar mixture to chicken, distribute evenly

8. Bake uncovered for apx 20 minutes or until cooked through


I ate mine with roasted potatoes topped with some grated Grano Padano


No comments:

Post a Comment