Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Non-scale victories, personal bests and getting my head back in the game

When I started this blog a little over a year ago I didn't really know why I was starting it.  I haven't been overly consistent with it, I know I'm not a great writer, and I can't imagine that anyone really wants to read what I have to say, but I still felt like I had to do it. I had to keep a record, and it felt like I should share it just in case someone else stumbled on it and somehow connected with my story.

Last night I realized how glad I am I've been writing things down on my journey.  I've been really down on myself lately. I've been beating myself up for gaining back the weight, not losing it as quickly as I did last year and just feeling like a failure.

The mind is a funny thing.  Last night I decided to read some of my old posts, see what I used to write about and look back at where I started.  In reading my old posts, I realized that things didn't change nearly as quickly last time as I remember.  I have a lot of posts about frustration, about my body fighting me and the scale not being my friend.  It took me a long time to see changes, both on the scale and the tape measure.

I have to remind myself that if it was easy, everyone would be strong, everyone would be at the gym and there wouldn't be any #goals all over instagram.

Today I decided to focus on Personal Bests and Non-Scale Victories.  Today I ran 2 straight minutes at a 10-minute mile pace.  That might not seem like much, but I HATE cardio, despise it, worst thing ever, but I've been working on it.  I know it's good for my overall health and longevity. Today's SPV & NSV were huge for me and I'm going to keep going and keep pushing!

No comments:

Post a Comment