Saturday, May 2, 2015

It's all about the S.P.V

One thing I'm learning on this journey is that it's all about the Small Personal Victories (S.P.V.).  If you want to get in shape, if you want to lose weight, or if you're just trying to eat better you have to be doing it for you or it's just not going to work.  It's great to have a buddy, someone to motivate you, but it all comes down to what you want and what motivates you.

I've written before about frustrations with the scale, something that anyone who's tried to lose weight probably knows about.  It's easy to forget that some changes aren't measured on a scale.

We all have that outfit that we hang on to hoping that someday maybe it might fit again.  This morning, that skirt fit.  I didn't plan to wear it, I didn't even plan to try it on but something made me take it out of the closet and put it on.  This is a skirt I bought about 18 months ago.  I've worn it once - and that one time required some control top pantyhose and it was still kinda tight.  Today - it fit no shapewear required.  I didn't wear the skirt to work, it's a little short to wear to the office without tights and I refuse to wear tights when it's this nice outside.  Instead I wore a different skirt.  On a whim, riding the high from the skirt that suddenly fits, I tried on a shirt that has been just a little bit too snug for comfort.  It fit too!!  Off I went to work today wearing my new shirt (never before worn) and my great black pencil skirt and I felt fabulous!


A picture of 'the skirt' the last time I wore it -
no picture of it today, but I'll post one when I wear it again!

My outfit of the day - please excuse the bathroom selfie


No comments:

Post a Comment