Monday, May 4, 2015

Protein Powder - Leanfit Vanilla

Protein supplements become pretty important when you're trying to gain muscle and getting enough of it from your regular diet can be a challenge.  DH and I were told we should be eating between 0.6 and 1g of protein per pound of weight.  So if I weigh 160lbs I need to eat 96 to 160g of protein every day.  That's A LOT of protein.  So, to get there we're using some supplements in bar, powder and even chip form (yes...I said chips.  More on those another time).

This is my review of Leanfit Vanilla Protein Powder.  Please remember that I am in no way an expert on this subject, I'm evaluating these products solely on their value, taste, and ease of use.



This stuff is amazing for smoothies.  It's not overwhelmingly vanilla-y and it dissolves really well into the smoothie and isn't at all grainy.  I have a smoothie for breakfast almost every day and there's always a scoop of this in there.

Mixed with just water...it's really not that tasty (at least in my opinion).  It dissolves pretty well and isn't grainy or chalky, it just doesn't taste very good.

Mixed with milk it's better, but I still don't love it (I mix it in my smoothie blender to make it more milkshake like).  I've found that adding some chocolate syrup to it makes it much more palatable.


The Details 
I bought our tub at Costco and it cost about $46.00 for the container.
The container is 2kg and has about 64 servings per container
Cost Per Serving = $0.72
Calories Per Serving = 120
Protein Per Serving = 25g
Carbs Per Serving = 2g
Fat Per Serving = 2g

Overall this is pretty good - it's great value and it mixes pretty well.  If you're looking for a reasonably priced powder, especially for smoothies I would say this is a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment