Friday, May 8, 2015

Protein Shake - Extreme Isolate 97

Time for another protein shake review.  As I've said before, getting enough protein is a huge challenge for me so supplements are pretty important to me.  A lot of protein supplements can be pretty gross tasting and hard to deal with so we're trying them all!  Well...not all, but a lot, and I'm reviewing them here for your benefit.  Please remember that I'm in no way an expert on this subject, I'm reviewing these based on cost, taste, and how much I like them - I have no professional opinion on nutritional value or their performance.

This is the first protein powder that we bought.  I went to Popeye's Supplements (a huge chain here in Canada) and asked for help because the wall of protein is kind of crazy.  I got talked into buying a really expensive tub of protein (it was just shy of $100).  Way more than I meant to spend, but the sales pitch was good and when he mixed me a sample I was sold.

This stuff is AMAZING, amazeballs even.  It mixes really well (no shaker ball required) and is delicious with water.  In fact - I never tried it with anything but water, it was just that good. 

Honestly, I don't know if it was worth the money, it was really expensive and I don't know if it's really any better than all the others out there but it's so yummy I just might have to get it again as a treat (it's ruined protein powder for me).


The Details

Servings Per Container: apx 23
cost per serving: $4.30 (that's pretty high!)
Calories:150
Fat:         0.4g  
Carbs:    1.0g
Protein:  37g (that's really good)

The bottom line, this one is pretty pricey but it's packed with protein and not much else.  It's Canadian made, it's delicious, and if it's in your budget I would definitely say go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment